Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lifting when you don't wanna

It wasn't that I was sick or anything. And it wasn't like I really was dreading going to lift. No, it was just that I wasn't really fired up to lift. I usually am, so that was sorta weird. And it was a "heavy" day, a day that I usually love. But I was just a little low on energy. I still lifted, finished the whole workout, but I took longer in-between sets as a means of compensating.

It probably didn't help that this is a ridiculously tiring workout. The first superset was chin-ups and DB decline bench press. That is just a warm-up for the deadlift and single-leg standing calf raise. On the deadlift I did 25 reps of 290 OTB (335 total). It took me 8 sets with 3 of the last 4 sets being doubles. Boy was I tired. And on the 25th deadlift I tore a huge callous off the middle finger of my left hand. Ouch. It was going to be the last rep no matter whether it was my 25th rep or not — I wasn't lifting any more with that hand.

On that topic, I just ordered Lynx Performance Grips. They're recommended by Eric Cressey as being easier on the hands. I guess I'll find out if they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment