Monday, March 9, 2009

Duuuude,what were you doing?

Yeah, that's what she said to me. Funny.

I had just finished doing dips. I had a dip belt loaded up with 65 lbs and had done 25 total reps. It's not that this is a weird thing to do (in my opinion), but certainly I don't see anyone else at the rec center at that time of the morning doing dips with additional weight.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?" Smiling, shaking her head. She's one of the ladies who does spinning in the next room a couple days a week. I see her and wave and smile every time we pass because she always has a smile for me. We've talked a couple of times but she's usually behind a glass wall or running on the treadmill when I see her so we don't talk too much. She usually only comes into the weight room to get a couple of light dumbbells. I haven't ever seen her use them so I don't know what she uses them for. But this time she was dressed to leave since she had finished her workout.

"No, not really. Just trying to do dips, make them a little harder than just my body weight." I explained how I use the dip belt instead of the chain that the rec center provides because at least it doesn't leave bruises on my hips. She wondered if it hurt my back. I said, no, the weight hangs from my hips and is actually fairly comfortable. I ran over to the dip station and showed her what I did. She just shook her head. "Wow, duuude..."

Fun conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment